Tuesday 30 April 2013

Epic update

I had the chance to take a quick look at some of the epic stories created by the young writers I worked with during 'Your Epic Starts Here' last week, and was really impressed by their creativity and effort.

It's been a while since we talked about what we wanted to put into our epic stories, and there they were - a whole wall of words.  I scanned across the neatly written pages (their writing's a lot neater than mine) and saw words and phrases I remembered from the workshop - not my words, theirs.

It's great to see words you've created appear on a page, but it's something else when the words exist because you've told someone their story is worth telling.  Great day.

ps. They asked me what I was writing at the moment, so I told them.  Unwise move.  I have to write the rest of Red now, or they'll be asking me where my words are...

No comments:

Post a Comment